INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a Portuguese Passport and an Indian passport. I want to surr

Customer Question

I have a Portuguese Passport and an Indian passport. I want to surrender by Indian passport and get an OCI card.
The problem is my name in my Portuguese passport doesn't match my Indian Passport.
Portuguese- SUZY
Indian- SUJI
My other documents have my name listed correct as Suzy, only my Indian passport is wrong.
I have an affidivat from a lawyer stating my real name is***** that enough?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Expert_James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. Please answer ALL of the following questions: Do you understand that in order for me to get credit for doing my job, you must give me a positive rating for my customer service? Why would you require your Portuguese passport to get an OCI? Does India require your Portuguese passport for this process?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YesIndia doesn't allow for dual citizenship, and so I have to surrender my Indian Passport.
After surrendering my Indian Passport, I can apply for OCI (overseas citizen of India) stamped in my Portuguese passport. But since there is a mismatch in my Indian passport, I am perplexed on what should be the next steps.