European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am a U.S. citizen who was convicted of a Tier 1 sex

Customer Question
Hello. I am a U.S...
Hello. I am a U.S. citizen who was convicted of a Tier 1 sex offense in 2005. I have travelled to Europe and the Schengen Zone 4-5 times in the past without issue. However I am still afraid for my trip in August as I know the U.S. Marshals are now informing countries when a sex offender is travelling there.
Have you heard of any examples of offenders being denied entry in Europe? I will be flying to Spain and working there for a couple of weeks.
Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: European Law
6/23/2015
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 3 years ago
José M.
José M., Attorney
Hi there
European countries has no legal ways either chances to get your criminal records if you has not a warrant or arrest order.
So, they will never know and you have nothing to be worried about for old criminal records
European law do not allow to share, give. or recibe, personal data, if there is not a court order asking for it.
José M spanish atorney
Please ask if you need more information Sir.
Thank you