How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 6058
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a U.S. citizen who was convicted of a Tier 1 sex

Customer Question

Hello. I am a U.S. citizen who was convicted of a Tier 1 sex offense in 2005. I have travelled to Europe and the Schengen Zone 4-5 times in the past without issue. However I am still afraid for my trip in August as I know the U.S. Marshals are now informing countries when a sex offender is travelling there.
Have you heard of any examples of offenders being denied entry in Europe? I will be flying to Spain and working there for a couple of weeks.
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there
European countries has no legal ways either chances to get your criminal records if you has not a warrant or arrest order.
So, they will never know and you have nothing to be worried about for old criminal records
European law do not allow to share, give. or recibe, personal data, if there is not a court order asking for it.
José M spanish atorney
Please ask if you need more information Sir.
Thank you