How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 6008
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Italy as my same sex partner is working as a

Customer Question

I am in Italy as my same sex partner is working as a consultant with WFO a UN agency. I have been here 30 days both Australian nationals The same sex issue is politically delicate no doubt. His contract is at least for another 6 months. How can I stay?
The relationship is of 15 years standing and we have a relation certificate issued by the country of nationality. See earlier question
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
You can ask for an extra time, you will need to declare a reason for that, and your demand coul be denied, but you will be legal as they do not tell you to go
In the other hand you could stay and ask nothing, in most cases they will not care if you overstayed your time, and even if they do they will not charge you with fine or similar
If I were you I will not ask for the extra time and stay ilegal
Another chance is to ask for a tourist visa to another country as Spain, once you got it you are free to stay in Italy...
Check this link
Thank you