INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Please help. Married a turkish man in 1995 on South Africa

Customer Question

Please help. Married a turkish man in 1995 in South Africa under South African law. The marriage was also recognised in Turkey.i took his last name as mine. A child was born in 1997. We divorced under south african law in 2000. The divorce was also recognised under Turkish law and I kept my married name so that i have the same surname as my son, in 2007 , 10 years later ,i had a second child,of which the father is not involved. I am the only person on the second son's birth certificate ,and registered his surname the same as mine which is my married name and the same name as his brother as i want us all to have the same family name. Now 8 years after the birth of my second child i am being threatened by my ex husband about legal action as he claims i had no right to and that it is illegal and fraudulent. Please advise me of my rights as a south african citizen with dual citizenship
Category: European Law