European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

European Law

How do I work out what my shares are worth within a civil company? I

Customer Question
How do I work out...
How do I work out what my shares are worth within a civil company?
I am a business partner in a company in Spain and want to sell. I have 50% of the company shares and there are liabilities on tax but my house is held against them. Would the perspective buyer be exempt from this in that case and although looking to renew a 10 year contract, I am currently left with 5 as it stands. So I guess, I am looking at net profit over 5 years times 3 or 3.5 over that. Is that correct? What is the best way to evaluate my shares to a perspective buyer?
Many thanks,
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: European Law
8/29/2013
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 4 years ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Abogado3044 :

Hi Rebeca

Abogado3044 :

José M spanish solicitor

Abogado3044 :

Try to negotiate the best price with your partner because he will be the best offerer

Abogado3044 :

If you do not get an agrement with him you only could sell in court and its slow and you will lose a lot of money

Abogado3044 :

In order to know a right price we need to know a lot of data. Its almost impossible to know without them

Abogado3044 :

I will be here if needed

Abogado3044 :

Thank you

Customer : I fully understand that, but in the meantime I need to know what I am dealing with here in the first instance. I am on this site as a paying customer and need to get some invaluable answers Jose. From that point I would most certainly consider you helping me out in court, but not before the groundwork is done in order to fully understand my predicament. I have paid 100 pounds so far, which could have given the least of this information in half an hour for a paying solicitor. Please advise on the basics of what I ask, in order to take it further.
Abogado3044 :

Well, what could me the way to know the value of your company?

Abogado3044 :

How could I know the price?

Abogado3044 :

I need a lot of data

Abogado3044 :

How much did you invest there?

Abogado3044 :

How much profit do you get in a year?

Abogado3044 :

debts of the company?

Abogado3044 :

once we know all the data we could know a fair price

Abogado3044 :

Believe taht I will do my best in order to help you

Abogado3044 :

lets talk about the data and the idea about price you have ...

Customer :

Hola Jose.

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

Hola

Customer :

I have been thinking about your last mail to me and am unsure if I should renew my membership plan with just answer. Can you please tell me if I were to provide you with more information regarding the company figures etc you would be at least able to help to calculate more or less what my shares are worth ? This is so vital to me making deal. Is something you can help with ?

Customer :

Equally, I have somebody already interested in buying, if I were to take it to the next level would you be able to get involved by drawing up contracts etc ?

Abogado3044 :

Well, I am a solicitor, may be I am not the kind of expert you need. I know how its the procedure to sell, but I have no idea about the prices of business

Customer :

I really do not want to go to a local abogado in Ibiza as it is a small island and this information must not be leaked at this stage

Abogado3044 :

So I can talk about the procedure of selling but no about sums

Customer :

how do you mean exactly ? are you able to tell me how to calculate my shares ?

Abogado3044 :

I understand that don't want to go to a lawyer in Ibiza

Customer :

Could be tricky

Abogado3044 :

Not really I can no know about the right price of your share

Customer :

Not sure it is full proof

Customer :

OK so this is not an option for me reallyu then is it ?

Customer :

You mentioned to me before about providing you with information re the business. Second thoughts perhaps?

Abogado3044 :

Your right, I am not the expert you need for that and I do not want you to lose your time

Abogado3044 :

Sorry for that

Customer :

No problem, its better for you to be honest with me at this stage.

Abogado3044 :

may be another expert could help you I have to leave your question now

Customer :

Many thanks

Abogado3044 :

Thank you and sorry

Customer :

no problem

Lawyer: Wendy-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Wendy-Mod

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
INC
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate