Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  Attorney
13262538

my daughter is in relationship with lad from the north. his

my daughter is in relationship with lad from the north. his mother and him dont get on. lately she has accused him of being round her rented property and the police are supposed to be taking him to court, he may get 6-9mths if proved. but she wants access to the child they are having, they dont want her to. he says if he's sent down then the social services come to my daughter to see if she looking after the child (dont know why) she has another child not by him and never had any trouble, so dont understand. are we just being played or what. should she put his name on birth cert when born? what rights does he have.thank you
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have not had any answers, would really appreciate your input as you have helped in the past.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dont know if my answer went to you, but i am waiting to find out what you have to reply to my question. i have not found any other answer. thank you fiona

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

stop asking silly question i have told you on two occasions i am awaiting a response. how long does it take????

Thank you again for your patience, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Response times vary due to the question and which professionals are online at any time but I have marked your question as high priority, which alerts Experts that you need an answer quickly. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Cars, Medical, Tax, and Computer to Home Improvement, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

very disappointed as you have always helped in the past. didnt think the question posed that much, that your experts could not answer. surely your have someone in family law that could have at least put my mind at rest.

Your question is open to all of our legal professionals and site researchers. I will mark your question high priority for you.
Hi
This is a matter which will be dealt with under Irish Family Law - and it appears there are no such specialists on site at the moment.
I can give you an overview of the Uk law if you feel that would help?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

as this man is being taken to court in Northern Ireland i thought you would be able to tell me if it was something thats usual. but never mind. i spoke to a person in child protection in the south and she assured me it was just scare tactics. as my daughter has never been under the social etc then there would be no reason for them to get involved especially as she has already a son of 8. i was wondering about this thing he said about Guardian ship. again she told me you can be guardian but not have acess. also that he has no particular rights over the child.

Hi
That was exactly what I was going to say - it would have been exactly the same in the North!
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i was also told that if they have criminal record they would not be awarded guardianship? this is really all about his child and his mother wanting access. the other child has nothing to do with him anyway. gosh all this and the child not even born yet. my head is twisted with it all.

Hi
Please remember I can only comment on the NI law.
In NI the father could indeed get Parental Responsibility and contact even with a Criminal Record provided there is no record of child abuse.
However given the history the wisest course of action is NOT to name him on the Birth Certificate and leave him to make any court application that your family law allows
Claire
Clare, Solicitor
Experience: Attorney