How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law.Hut Your Own Question
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 7846
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Law.Hut is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am married to a man who is from Jamaica and currently

Customer Question

I am married to a man who is from Jamaica and currently residing in
Canada with myself.

He has a child from a previous relationship with another woman who
resides with the mother in the Netherlands.

The mother is not allowing any type of communication or visitation with
the child which we would need guidance on how we can correct this so
that he can at the very minimum talk with his little girl.

Also in the process of becoming a Canadian Citizen the mother is
required to fill out a form on the child as she is a dependent of my
husbands. The mother is refusing to fill this out as she thinks that it
is a form to be able to take her child from her. This is not what we
want nor is it our intentions.

Is there any advice or guidance in which you can provide us with as we
are not educated in the international child custody laws.

Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Law.Hut replied 4 years ago.
This issue of custody involves the law of the Netherlands, and not the law in any way of Canada. You can ask the site through customer service to transfer your question to a European law category for a lawyer familiar with that law to answer,

As for the form that is required, you may have to advise the Canadian government that the other party is refusing to complete the form. There is no way to compel her to complete the form, and her refusal will not be a bar to the
application for citizenship.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!