How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 96
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your European Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have five years till I ETS from the Army. I would like to

Customer Question

I have five years till I ETS from the Army. I would like to know if I can change my legal residence to Slovenia-- in Europe.

My wife is a Slovenian national, and I have just received my tax identification number (for Slovenia), and will be getting my residency papers done soon. Our son is also a DUAL CITIZEN of both Slovenia and the United States. Additionally, we have purchased land there. My concern is, I would like to avoid getting stuck with the cost of moving my household goods when I ETS.

And if I do change my legal residence what would that mean for me? Would I be paying tax at the Slovenian rate?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can wait for an answer Ma'am.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Boris,

I have sent this to our European Law section, since you are asking a question about Slovenia, where we have no legal experts. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well if that is the case I would like to close the question. Thank you for your help.

Related European Law Questions