How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 7612
Experience:  UK based Immigration Solicitor
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I my wife is on Entrepreneur visa in Ireland and i m on

This answer was rated:

If I my wife is on Entrepreneur visa in Ireland and i m on spouse visa will it be possible I can work and open a company in UK.

I have already one Business in UK and moving to ireland and would like to Old company in Uk keep and running what are the possibility.

When you say Ireland, are you referring to the "Republic of Ireland" or "Northern Ireland"?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am referring to Republic of Ireland,



Will you be permanently resident in Ireland?

How would you propose to run your UK company if in Ireland?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I will be Permanently in Ireland... this is what I would like to know is there anyway I can be legally owner of Uk company while I will be having ireland Visa...




Thanks for your patience.

Whilst I do not think that you would be doing anything illegal in moving to Ireland on your new visa and maintaining your company in the UK, it is likely that it will cause practical problems in the future.

This is because you may face awkward questions from the UKBA if you are constantly coming and going from Ireland to the UK on the basis of your Tier 1 visa. If they see that you are ultimately not based in the UK anymore then they may ask you about the situation and potentially refuse entry eventually.

However, in theory I don’t really think that there is anything preventing you being the sole shareholder of a company in the UK if you most to Ireland.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related European Law Questions