José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

You answered my question about my French husband telling me

You answered my question about my French husband telling me I can no longer access or stay in the marital home upon my return from my trip to the US... He has changed the locks and tells me that I have to remove all of my belongings from the home withiut recourse under the supervision of a "mediator." The apartment where we live is owned by his parents and we do not pay rent. Again, can he do this without a court order or without a hearing with me present to defend my position?

Abogado3044 :

Hi

Abogado3044 :

He can no do that as it is your home. Once you were in France, and do it as soon as possible, denounce the facts in the closer police station and contract a local attorney to defend you.

Abogado3044 :

It is not matter you pay rent or not. The real thing is that it is your home

Abogado3044 :

He needs a judicial order to do what he has done it

Abogado3044 :

Thank you