How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If somebody celebrate a contract with a company such as reputation

This answer was rated:

If somebody celebrate a contract with a company such as reputation changer that commit itself to change the first pages of wikipedia, google searching, and other access through internet, that make a representation that has the means to achieve those goals, but do not compromise itself with more than its best efforts, what can I do if nothing change even if the part payed what it was committed to and supply all the information required to fulfill its obligation? Can the part sue the company? For what kind of damages?
One would have to read the contract to answer your question precisely.
In most cases companies offering such services boast that they have the means to achieve the results they advertise but, in the contractual terms, set for themselves only an obligation of means, and not an obligation of results (basically, like a doctor...). If the terms and conditions of the company you contracted with are written in such manner, you can only claim damages if you can prove that all normal efforts and known methods were not applied towards supplying the service offered. If these efforts were provided, and even if the expected results were not delivered, the company would have complied with its contractual obligation...
Thegonnec and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My question was about Pensilvânia law