Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)
46873171

I bought a week in a timeshare, Cameron House in Scotland owned

I bought a week in a timeshare, Cameron House in Scotland owned by De Vere. Owing to my financial circumstances I am not able to pay the annual maintenance fee. De Vere are threatening me with a debt collecting agency to recover the unpaid charges (about £1300).
Can they do this?
I live in France so it seems unlikely but I would appreciate advice.
Yes, they can this just like if you were living in the UK. If need be they can also obtain a court order to seize assets you may own in France. All depends on the terms of the contract you signed which bind you.