How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  Judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal (Conseil de Prud'hommes de Paris)
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a week in a timeshare, Cameron House in Scotland owned

This answer was rated:

I bought a week in a timeshare, Cameron House in Scotland owned by De Vere. Owing to my financial circumstances I am not able to pay the annual maintenance fee. De Vere are threatening me with a debt collecting agency to recover the unpaid charges (about £1300).
Can they do this?
I live in France so it seems unlikely but I would appreciate advice.
Yes, they can this just like if you were living in the UK. If need be they can also obtain a court order to seize assets you may own in France. All depends on the terms of the contract you signed which bind you.
Thegonnec and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you