How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T.DePas Your Own Question
T.DePas, Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Solicitor - Ph.D. Doctor Europaeus in EU law
Type Your European Law Question Here...
T.DePas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I,m about to get married to a swedish girl. I´m tunizian and

Customer Question

I,m about to get married to a swedish girl. I´m tunizian and would like to know the steps to get the legal swedish /european inmigration card. What papers must I sign with her, which ones by myself, the time it will get me to be legally by my own there....all these kind of things. Thank you very much
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much. I don't mind waiting , I just want to know the law as I don't know anybody there
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.



Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

By mistake, I paid you through anither account:[email protected] You are waitting for my payment here and for my question there. Could you please search it and send me the answer? I don't mind what account you'll use Thank you very much

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. To better serve you, I will forward your Customer Service questions to Customer Service where a Customer Service Representative will contact you via email.
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.


Where will you be marrying? Tunisia or Sweden? Or any other EEA State?

Many thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  T.DePas replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

As a Family members (spouses and dependents)of EU/EEA national, under Directive 2004/38 - implemented in Sweden through the Alien Act (SFS 2005:71)and the Aliens Decree (SFS 2006:97)- you are entitled to apply for an EU-family Schengen visa.

The Schengen Visas for Sweden to be issued from Tunisia are processed by the Finnish Embassy in Tunis.

You can find the contacts on the official website of Swedish embassies:

To apply for a Schengen Visa as a spouse, you should support your application with the following documents:

Application Form for Schengen Visa (Form 119031) – to be completed, signed and dated.

Two recent (not older than 6 months) passport pictures of you on white background.

Original Marriage Certificate. Since your certidicate would be Tunisian, it must be duly translated into Swedish and legalized either by Consulate/Embassy of origin country or accompanied by an apostille.

If you are married to a Swedish citizen, you have to enclose an extract from the Swedish population registration, which can be obtained from the Swedish Tax Agency

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

I would be very grateful if you could rate my answer positively and agree for a bonus. Like that I can get paid for my job with the amount you have already deposited.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

I look forward to hearing from you.