How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  UK based Immigration Solicitor
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Girlfriend, who is a Citizen of Haiti who lives in Dominican

Resolved Question:

My Girlfriend, who is a Citizen of Haiti who lives in Dominican Republic, would like to visit me this Summer so that she can brush up her English as well as taking in the sights of other Countries in Europe -Italy and Spain in Particular.

She has just applied for a renewal Passport
I am a British Citizen living in Germany and will be with her on these trips- expect more than 90 days

Question : does she reqire a visa for each Country in EU or can we apply to "one for all"
If so, which ?

Any thoughts on the above would be welcome

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Douglas

Thanks for your question.
A Schengen Visa is available for visa nationals who wish to travel to Schengen countriese:-
You will see that most European countries are included on the list, so provided she obtains a Schengen visa under the scheme she will not need to apply for additional visas if she simply wishes to visit those countries list as Schengen counties.
The UK is not a member of the Schengen scheme however and so she will be required to apply for a visitors visa for the UK in the normal way and so will have to submit details of her finances and where she propose to travel from, together with proof that she intends to leave the UK and not become an overstayer.
Here is the link to the UKBA webpage on visitor’s, which contains links to all she needs in order to make the application :-

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related European Law Questions