European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Hello, I am Greek citizen residing in Cyprus for close to…

Customer Question
Hello, I am Greek...
Hello, I am Greek citizen residing in Cyprus for close to four years. I wish to get married here and am shocked at the amount of running around I need to do. Is there a law firm available in Greece that can help me expedite matters and not require me to either go to my municipality in Greece in person or send a third party. The system used by Greece is archaic and inneficient, I would prefer that it was handled by a proffesional.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: European Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2012
Lawyer: JACUSTOMER-fl3janp9-, Legal Advisor replied 6 years ago
JACUSTOMER-fl3janp9-
JACUSTOMER-fl3janp9-, Legal Advisor

Panagiotis :

Specialized in Inheritage, Real Estate, Family, Tax and Labour Law and with up to date knowledge to other fields of Civil and Administrative Law

Panagiotis :

hello just a moment to rerview your question and i'll be right back

Lawyer: venetaki,
 replied 6 years ago
venetaki
Hello, thank you for your question. In response therewith the first question I need to ask is where are you planning on getting married (Athens, Thessaloníki an island?)The second question I would like to ask is whether you are planning to get married with a religious ceremony (thriskeutikos gamos) or in the Municipality Hall. Secondly I wish to advise that there persons undertaking the preparation of the paperwork for a marriage but this are usually wedding planners. Lawyers may undertake such work however. If you let me know the answers to the above questions, I would be happy to advise on a colleague that would be willing and capable to undertake the task. Should you find my response to be useful, kindly accept same and I will be happy to respond to any further queries you might have at no extra charge.
You manually closed the question and my next answer could not be answered. I understand your marriage will take place in Cyprus. As my esteemed colleague correctly pinpointed info is needed about the kind of marriage. Another important question is where you were living in Greece. If it is Attica my office could also undertake it. In other case we could pinpoint another colleague. In addition to this I would like to say that what Mrs Venetaki has answered is absolutely correct
Lawyer: venetaki,
 replied 6 years ago

Dear SIr,

Are you still interested in pursuing this matter?