Etiquette

Etiquette questions? Ask an etiquette Expert for answers ASAP

I'm a male and I went shoe shopping today and a male

Hi,I'm a male and I...
Hi,I'm a male and I went shoe shopping today and a male salesperson was taking care of me. I asked him some questions. How can I learn more about shoe fashion if my sales person doesn't get to the point because he had good fashion sense but he was not interested in me getting ideas about shoes. Though he did vaguely tell smile eh.
Thank You
12/21/2017
Rev Dr August Abbott
Rev Dr August Abbott, Adult Etiquette Pro

I am August Abbott, formally trained x12 yrs private school:international protocols, etiquette. Please allow a few mins. to compose your response.

great perfect !

It's possible he believed you were just making small talk, as many people do. I'd rather tell people exactly what's on my mind rather than hope they just read it

When you have that opportunity again you will win over anyone by first complimenting them ("You certainly know what you're doing and you do it well") and then giving them a goal to meet ("Tell me about shoe fashion for someone like me" - and then explain what you want to know)

In almost every case I not only walk away with much more knowledge than I started with, but even better, a new 'friend'. Someone who will typically remember me and make me feel special every time they see me, because I made them feel special first

You were thisclose ! Next time you will be able to close the deal as they say!

Rev Dr August Abbott
thanks great information rev