Etiquette

Etiquette Questions? Ask an Etiquette Expert for Answers ASAP

Etiquette

Would you please provide the proper form to address a letter…

Customer Question
Would you please provide...

Would you please provide the proper form to address a letter to a recently widowed friend? Thank you!

Expert's Assistant: The Etiquette Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Etiquette Expert can help you best.

The proper form to address mail to a lady recently widowed. I need this wsoon. Thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Etiquette
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Etiquette Expert: JohnACM, Etiquette Coach replied 2 months ago
JohnACM
JohnACM, Etiquette Coach
Hello, my name is John. Could you tell me what the letter is about?
Does she still use her husband’s name or has she reverted to using her maiden name?
I don’t know. Just what is basically correct? I know Mrs. John Doe is not preferred.
It’s a Christmas card. Simple sorry I’ve spent this time finding out
Actually, it depends on if she has retained her husbands name.. If she has, it is Mrs. If not, it is Miss.
JohnACM
JohnACM
JohnACM, Etiquette Coach