Etiquette

Etiquette questions? Ask an etiquette Expert for answers ASAP

When you have written something to someone that contains a…

When you have written something...
When you have written something to someone that contains a typographical error that you must correct in a subsequent writing to them, what is a balanced way to ask to be excused for the oversight without making too big of a deal about it as if it were an egregious error when it wasn't and just a simple typo? I've used the expression "Scooze" to abbreviate "Excuse me" as a less formal way to ask pardon for the small oversight (this word comes from the original movie "Rocky", if you recall, but has become useful in the vernacular of emails and texts.) But not many people know what "Scooze" means. So is there another way to ask pardon for the small oversight in a quick and simple way? What words could be used to express this?
10/20/2017
Rev Dr August Abbott
Rev Dr August Abbott, Adult Etiquette Pro

I am August Abbott, formally trained x12 yrs private school:international protocols, etiquette. Please allow a few mins. to compose your response.

You're right about not knowing what 'scooze' means, but having seen the original Rocky and hearing your explanation it became clear. I've seen 'excuse me' typed as 'xcuse' in texts, but of course I'm of the old school wherein if one is taking the time to communicate, doing so correctly is just respectful. Like I said, this is apparently very 'old school' these days.

Take the time to give a brief explanation to the effect of "I'm sorry for the slang 'scooze' meant to replace 'excuse me', which is exactly what I'm hoping you'll do in this case"

A bit of humor in instances like this can lighten situations that really aren't serious faux pas'

You might just find your recipients using the word themselves in future correspondences. Alas, I'm afraid an entirely new dictionary isn't far off in order to include new 'text' spellings of words and phrases that evolved from even older versions before it. The evolution of language will overtake even old schoolers like me.

Rev Dr August Abbott