Etiquette

Etiquette questions? Ask an etiquette Expert for answers ASAP

I was invited to a 40years anniversary party and in the rsvp…

I was invited to a...
I was invited to a 40years anniversary party and in the rsvp it said "no gifts please ". What should I do? Give just a congratulations card? include a gift card? Send a gift after the party? Not sure what to do, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Alba
6/11/2017
Rev Dr August Abbott
Rev Dr August Abbott, Adult Etiquette Pro

I am August Abbott, formally trained x12 yrs private school:international protocols, etiquette. Please allow a few mins. to compose your response.

In circumstances such as these with polite requests to give nothing but your valuable time and gracious presence, we should honor the host and oblige.

Yes, sending a card shortly before the event with a personal note of congratulations would be appropriate and probably mean more than an item they obviously don't need (thus no gifts).

Enjoy your event and keep in mind that just being there is clearly very important and meaningful to your hosts

Rev Dr August Abbott
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the help Dr. Abbot! I'll send a card with a personal note and enjoy the party.
Thanks again,
Alba