Etiquette

Etiquette Questions? Ask an Etiquette Expert for Answers ASAP

Etiquette

I am a man who has a question about how, and if, a man

Customer Question
Hi Pearl----I am a man...

Hi Pearl----I am a man who has a question about how, and if, a man should tell a woman that her slip is showing. This past Sunday, I was at church, in a Sunday school class, and a woman was sitting in front of me as we were getting to know one another. She looked so pretty as she was wearing a very soft, pretty, short skirt. As she was sitting, her skirt was stretched across her lap, creating that triangular opening between her legs. Her pretty white slip was stretched across her lap as well, underneath her skirt. I could see her slip and white nylon panties as she was sitting. Other men were in the room and I felt so protective of her. She looked so soft and pretty and so feminine. A slip is the prettiest thing that a woman can wear, but I didn't want her to be exposed around other men. I quietly told her that her slip was showing and even offered her my jacket to cover up her lap. She seemed so touched that I cared about her privacy. She then crossed her legs to cover herself as she yanked down her skirt a bit. She seemed kind of embarrassed, but I told her that she didn't need to feel embarrassed. I just felt so protective of her. I think we can become good friends. My question for you----do you have any suggestions on how to handle moments when a woman's skirt makes her vulnerable? I care so much about women. In this case, she appreciated my protective feelings, but I'm not sure if this approach is always the best way to help a woman. I'm glad that you are a woman----I'd appreciate a woman's perspective on this. Thank you so much, Pearl..........A Very Sensitive, Caring Man.....Larry ***************. JA: The Etiquette Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Etiquette Expert should know? Customer: No, thank you.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Etiquette
6/7/2017
Etiquette Expert: Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD) replied 5 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)

There is no single way that would work in every situation, however here are a few things that may help...

1. Try to send a woman across to tell the lady if possible, it is generally less embarrassing

2. You can try saying "You've got a tag showing in the back."

3. You can try saying "Your dress is caught"

Try to ensure that you are covering the angle at the back so that others are unable to see the lady getting herself correct during this time,

Hope this helps,

Warm regards

Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)