Etiquette

Etiquette questions? Ask an etiquette Expert for answers ASAP

How much should I give to a love offering at my church for…

Customer Question
How much should I give...
How much should I give to a love offering at my church for our minister who is retiring?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Etiquette
5/1/2017
Etiquette Expert: JohnACM, Etiquette Coach replied 1 year ago
JohnACM
JohnACM, Etiquette Coach
Hi! I am JOHN, an LPC and a relationship counselor. I am also an ordained minister of over 30 years. I'm not sure there is a set standard for this. What comes to mind is maybe match your regular giving. Honestly, if he is worth anything, he will appreciate anything you give. I definitely would think he would not want you putting yourself in a bind. Was that helpful?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you mean to match my regular giving, do you mean to match my monthly giving?
I would say weekly
JohnACM
JohnACM
JohnACM, Etiquette Coach