How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Alabama with fathers estate in probate without a will.

Customer Question

In Alabama with fathers estate in probate without a will. Who do I contact to file criminal charges against the appointed administrator?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 15 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 15 days ago.

Good morning. So the executor of the estate is stealing?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I believe so among other things
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 15 days ago.

Thank you. So yes, if they are stealing from the estate and acting in their own interest, you can go to the police and speak with them and this can be investigated. Moreover, since this is going on now, you may want to hire your own attorney, to go after them and address this with the court ASAP so the Judge can order a stay of the proceedings and they could be removed.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Vehicle titles were changed prior to her appointment and no notification has ever been sent
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 15 days ago.

there are both civil and criminal issues here and it may take time for the police to act and charge but civilly, an attorney can file an emergency motion if needed to stop them from acting.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 15 days ago.
Is there anything else I can answer clarify? I am here to help so please just let me know
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Because we received no notification of any kind regarding probate. I have heavily contemplated filing a complaint with the state bar association.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 15 days ago.
Yes. You can if there was a misconduct by the attorney and you believe there was wrongdoing you certainly can and their actions can be investigated. They can be subject to discipline if there is a finding by the bar as well
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 days ago.


I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!