Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
I'm selling a house that I inherited from my step-dad. My
Barrister, Attorney
I'm selling a house that I inherited from my step-dad. My mom pass away several years ago. My mom did not have a will. I'm told that since there was no will 1/3 of her half of the house would go to my… read more
My step dad wants to sell me a house, he is the executor of
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
My step dad wants to sell me a house, he is the executor of the house. He wants to gift us the equity of the house for down payment and closing cost. Is there special things that have to be done for t… read more
My former step mother is selling her house and wants me and
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My former step mother is selling her house and wants me and my brother to sign away our interest in the property, including the mineral rights. She claimes there isn't enough equity to receive a profi… read more
My mother in law inherited her mothers house along with her
David L
David L, Doctoral Degree
My mother in law inherited her mothers house along with her 2 sisters and brother. They want to give the house to the youngest sister, my question, is there a gift tax since no monetary exchange will … read more
my 2 brothers and I inherited my dads house, it went through
Loren, estate lawyer
my 2 brothers and I inherited my dads house, it went through probate and I am the executor. one brother is living their now with his family. He moved in to take care of my dad when he died. He would l… read more
My brother hired a lawyer over 2 years ago for my mothers house.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
My brother hired a lawyer over 2 years ago for my mothers house. My brother and step dad are on the deed. My step dad and brother end up fighting over the house threw court. Then my step dad sued my h… read more
Hi my brother and sisters inherited my dads house. his current
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hi my brother and sisters inherited my dad's house. his current girlfriend also inherited one-third of the house also and is allowed to live in it until she dies. She agrees to pay the yearly property… read more
My brother is on hospice. Our parents passed recently and he
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Doctoral Degree
My brother is on hospice. Our parents passed recently and he is due to inherit some money,$50,000 , along with the house we are both living in. I am his full time caregiver. Can he sign the deed to th… read more
My brother inherited a farm when our Dad died in 1995
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
My brother inherited a farm when our Dad died in 1995 leaving it to him & wife & they had 3 adult children. This is in Boone County, Missouri. In 2004 he divorced his wife & Mother of his 3 children a… read more
My brother and I inherited my dad's house after he passed
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Juris Doctor
My brother and I inherited my dad's house after he passed away in 2012. My brother just got out of a nasty divorce and has taken up residency in the house. Because he was going through such an emotion… read more
I lived in a house that is in a trust, moved out since I just
Karin
Karin, Juris Doctorate
I lived in a house that is in a trust, moved out since I just remarried, want to rent the house but Step Dad (Trustee #1) and daughters think they are entitled to rent it, not me. I am in place of Tru… read more
5 of us inherited my mom's house in Durham,NC. 2 brothers
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
5 of us inherited my mom's house in Durham,NC. 2 brothers want to sell and 3 of us do not want to sell. One of my brother's has lived with my mom all of his life in this house. He is 60. Do we have to… read more
I along with 4 siblings inherited our parents house before
Loren, estate lawyer
I along with 4 siblings inherited our parents house before I married. I want to buy my siblings off while keeping the house in my name only. Do my husband have a right to part ownership?… read more
My brother and I inherited our mother's house. Neither of us
Loren, estate lawyer
My brother and I inherited our mother's house. Neither of us want to own it, so we would like to sell it. He has a realtor in mind, and I have a realtor in mind. I am the executor, am I able to make t… read more
HI, My brother is the executor of our step-dads estate and
INFOLAWYER, Partner
HI, My brother is the executor of our step-dad's estate and is soon going to settlement on the house we grew up in; that is, my sister, brother and myself. Since he is the executor he says he doesn't … read more
My brother, along with 3 other siblings inherited my mothers
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My brother, along with 3 other siblings inherited my mother's house. They have tried to sell it for 2 1/2 years but now 2 of the siblings would like to rent the house. My brother would like to be "bou… read more
inherited property years ago, it burned. insurance in my name
Richard, Owner
inherited property years ago, it burned. insurance in my name paid for a different house. my brother wants me to sell this property & give him half the money. am i legally obligated to?… read more
What if my brother and I inherit my mothers house,he wants
Loren, estate lawyer
What if my brother and I inherit my mother's house,he wants to live in it but has no money to buy me out, I want to sell the place and get as far away as I can?… read more