Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My mother is in a skilled nursing home. Unfortunately she
Barrister, Attorney
My mother is in a skilled nursing home. Unfortunately she has been in and out of the hospital for the past year, and now it looks like the is probably there for the duration (or until I can bring her … read more
Am I responsible for husband nursing home care? This is a
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Am I responsible for husband nursing home care? This is a second marriage and I have substantial assets in my name from a previous marriage.… read more
I have a brother in a veterans home, nursing care facility.i
P. Simmons, Attorney
Hi, I have a brother in a veterans home, nursing care facility.i am power of attorney for his finances and medical. My question is there anyway I can shelter any of his money so in the event he dies, … read more
I am considering adding my 3 children to my estate (a condo
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
I am considering adding my 3 children to my estate (a condo only) How will this affect my payments for nursing home care when and if needed later. I am an 84 yr. old widower… read more
My parents are in a nursing home. Father is considered in Independent
originallawyer
originallawyer, Attorney at Law
My parents are in a nursing home. Father is considered in Independent Living. Mothe in skilled nursing. Does "spousal impoverishment" law protect their savings ?… read more
I am a Home Care Nurse (RN) I have been taking are of this
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I am a Home Care Nurse (RN) I have been taking are of this patient for daily visit for approx 5 yrs. He is of no relationship to me and I am not an interested party. My question is, this patient made … read more
Is my retirement fund which I had when we married,
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Is my retirement fund which I had when we married, considered community property if my spouse is in a nursing home and needs to go on medicade I live in Michigan, or where can I find answers to questi… read more
my name is amanda. 2 years ago my mother passed away from
Roger, Litigation Attorney
my name is amanda. 2 years ago my mother passed away from severe dehydration due to nursing home neglect. My brother, the executor of the estate, who i am not on speaking terms with filed a lawsuit ag… read more
My mother died in a nursing home in December 2008. Mediciade/Medicare
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My mother died in a nursing home in December 2008. Mediciade/Medicare took care of her while in the nursing home. My mother had a will and left her estate for her 4 sons, including a house she owned, … read more
My mom is in a nursing home and they claim they cannot let
John Legal
John Legal, Doctoral Degree
My mom is in a nursing home and they claim they cannot let her go home because it wouldn't be safe. She has a vehicle and since my car recently broke down, she's been letting me drive her car. The nur… read more
My husbands brother moved in to their mothers home to care
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My husbands brother moved in to their mother's home to care for her in her last year of life. She has passed away and now the brother and his wife are giving away everything is the house as fast as th… read more
My dad just recently went into a nursing home and all of his
Ellen, Attorney
My dad just recently went into a nursing home and all of his income will be going to the nursing home for his care. He wants to appoint me as the power of attorney. As the power of attorney, I am resp… read more
Second opinion] I am in the process of putting my mother in
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Second opinion] Hi, I am in the process of putting my mother in a nursing home....I have been. I am my mothers POA my problem is that my brother lives with my mother and had cause all types of problem… read more
am I considered THE BENEFICIARY and my brothers are remainders
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
am I considered THE BENEFICIARY and my brothers are remainders to share what may when I die, correct ? and there is no guarantee there will be anything for them to share. There is nothing in the trust… read more
A claim has been filed against the estate for which I am administrator
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
A claim has been filed against the estate for which I am administrator for a small claims judgment ruling against the decedent (who owned no real estate) 7 yrs ago in an out-of-state court. The Estate… read more
my father passed over in april---he was in a nursing home ---the
John Legal
John Legal, Doctoral Degree
my father passed over in april---he was in a nursing home ---the nursing home will not take his house because my brother lived there and he is disabled -but there is a jugement on my dads house will t… read more
My elderly dad is considering a nursing home, has a small amount
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My elderly dad is considering a nursing home, has a small amount of money, almost $30 k and no other assets. He is insisting on not letting anyone take that money as he wanted to give it to his 3 chil… read more
my uncle died 18 months ago in Delaware without a legal will he
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
my uncle died 18 months ago in Delaware without a legal will he was in a nursing home and there were no claims against the estate everything was left equally to myself and my 3 siblings. my brother wa… read more