Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
I have legal guardianship over my husband who suffers from
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I have legal guardianship over my husband who suffers from anoxic encephalophy and small seizures. The state of Michigan has denied him his drivers license. His. Father can't except this. I understand… read more
My inlaws want to send my husband $140,000 that he has inherited
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
My inlaws want to send my husband $140,000 that he has inherited from his grandmother and are wanting to know the best way to go about that without us losing a lot of money to taxes? They live in Aust… read more
My husband received $10,000 from an deceased neighbors estate
P. Simmons, Attorney
My husband received $10,000 from an deceased neighbors estate as documented in his will, do we need to claim that on taxes or is this considered a gift… read more
I need to know if I have a legal malpractice case. I
Jessica B
Jessica B, Juris Doctor
I need to know if I have a legal malpractice case. I retained an attorney to represent me as I filed for guardianship of my grandmother. My uncle was POA and was financially taking advantage of her by… read more
hello - I need to know the best way to find an lawyer knowledgable
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
hello - I need to know the best way to find an lawyer knowledgable about property (land) and what happens to said property upon the owner's death. The land owner was married though her name was never … read more
My husband and I are trying to decide the best way to do our
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
My husband and I are trying to decide the best way to do our wills. It is our 2nd marriage, he has two grown daughters and I have no children, just nieces and nephews. We have been married 19 years an… read more
I need to file for temporary legal guardianship of my mother
Robert
Robert, Attorney
I need to file for temporary legal guardianship of my mother in the Indiana probate courts. I live in Houston, TX. My mother had surgery approximately 6 weeks ago to have a brain tumor removed. She is… read more
What is the best way to move $20,000.00 from a profit sharing account from my late husband
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney at Law
What is the best way to move $20,000.00 from a profit sharing account from my late husband's employer. The money was invested from my husband's pay prior to taxing. I am the heir to this. I have been … read more
I want to know if I can see my husband's will. We live in
Loren, estate lawyer
Hello, I want to know if I can see my husband's will. We live in Cleveland, Ohio suburb, Westlake. I know the easiest way to do this is to ask him, but the thing he does best is lying. I know it is hi… read more
What is the best and most economical way to change a Will. I
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
What is the best and most economical way to change a Will. I remarried March 2016. My husband was in the Will, but he developed dementia. He suddenly moved out January 2017 with no warning and filed f… read more
if your best friend passed away and u know they left a will
INFOLAWYER, Partner
if your best friend passed away and u know they left a will and the husband says they did not what can we do to have the will read… read more
My husband and I are yrs old.we are in good health,we own
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
My husband and I are 69 yrs old.we are in good health,we own our home but need to know legal info on if we need to go to nursing home can we transfer home to our sons and will. Medicare pay our nursin… read more
we live in california and my husband and i arent sure about
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
we live in california and my husband and i aren't sure about what is the best way to transfer title from his mother to us.she is in agreement. she is willing for us to just take over what is the balan… read more
My husband and I are revising our Will now that our son is
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
My husband and I are revising our Will now that our son is of legal age and guardianship is no longer of question. We are both in our mid-fifties and live in Colorado. We would like to ensure that whe… read more
If I have a durable POA for my mother, do I need guardianship
Richard, Owner
If I have a durable POA for my mother, do I need guardianship to sell her house especially since her Dr. has said she is not mentally competent to make decisions… read more
Do I need to hire an attorney to ensure guardianship of my
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Do I need to hire an attorney to ensure guardianship of my minor child in the event of the deaths of my husband and my self? What forms need to be completed/what is the process for granting one grandp… read more
My husband and I do not have a trust. I know that we need
David L
David L, Doctoral Degree
My husband and I do not have a trust. I know that we need a will for medical instructions, but other than that I don't see a reason for a will. We have most of assets in IRAs that were transferred fro… read more
What form do I need for my brother to sign guardianship of
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
What form do I need for my brother to sign guardianship of his two kids if they are under aged in the event of his death. NOTE: Their mother is deceased and he has sole guardianship. Does this need to… read more