Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Robert L
Robert L
Robert L

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
After my mother passed away, her home was titled in her name
Richard, Owner
After my mother passed away, her home was titled in her name and my sisters. My brother and I have power of attorney over her since she is mentally slow. With the local attorney, we did a quitclaim de… read more
My mother and my step-father of 30 years both passed away this
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My mother and my step-father of 30 years both passed away this year. My step-father passed away one day after my mother, they both resided in Michigan. My step-father passed away one day after my moth… read more
My mother passed away in March of this year - she was preceded
RobertJDFL, Attorney
My mother passed away in March of this year - she was preceded in death by my father, who passed away in 2001. The named executor in both their wills was my older brother (their oldest son), who unfor… read more
My mother passed away in 2000 and then her father passed
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
My mother passed away in 2000 and then her father passed away in 2010. A couple of years before his death he changed his will and removed my mothers name from the will. A quick summary of the will is … read more
My Mother passed away 7 years ago. After her death my father
Loren, estate lawyer
My Mother passed away 7 years ago. After her death my father put my sisters name on the deed with his. My father told both my brother and I that when he passes that the property was to be split betwee… read more
My Mother passed away in Feb. 2010 shortly after her death
Richard, Owner
My Mother passed away in Feb. 2010 shortly after her death I found my spouse having an affair and we split now we are in divorce live in Ca. The property left to me by my Mother is in Indiana, Is the … read more
Is it possible to contest a Payable on Death Account My mother
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Is it possible to contest a Payable on Death Account? My mother recently passed away and my father is named in her will as beneficiary of all her assets. She had three CD's (one for each grandchild) w… read more
My wifes mother just past away and her Step-father was named
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My wife's mother just past away and her Step-father was named executer of the will. He is not being cooperative at all. My wife knows that there is a life insurance policy that states she and her brot… read more
The deed to my parents home is in both of their names. My father
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
The deed to my parents home is in both of their names. My father passed away in 2006, but the deed was never changed to have just my mothers name. Do I need to have the deed changed so that my mother'… read more
My step father passed away last year, leaving my mother a
Barrister, Attorney
My step father passed away last year, leaving my mother a widow. They held accounts at 4 different financial institutions. At one bank, they had 2 accounts, but her name was only on one.According to m… read more
Father passed away. Children move out of step mothers home
Barrister, Attorney
Father passed away. Children move out of step mothers home while she is home. Children take their fathers belongings. Can the step mom call the police days later and get the stuff back?… read more
Does the court or someone notify us if we are remaindermen
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
My Father passed away earlier this year and I have not seen my Fathers will (step mother instructed her lawyer not to give us siblings a copy of Dads will) I understood from my Dad that he had granted… read more
My friends mother passed away a year ago and her brother was
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
My friends mother passed away a year ago and her brother was named executor of her mother's will. A fewdays after Thanksgiving, my friends brother passed away, and my friend is executor of his will. M… read more
My father died I have a step mother I was never showed my dads
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
My father died I have a step mother I was never showed my dads will I was told that after my fathers death that my step mother changed the will she just past in Aug she left most of the will to her so… read more
My father passed away in December 2013 and my step-mother passed
Richard, Owner
My father passed away in December 2013 and my step-mother passed away in June of 2013. I am the administrator of my father's estate and my step-sisters are administrators of my step-mother's. We signe… read more
My step-mother just passed away in October. She was married
Barrister, Attorney
My step-mother just passed away in October. She was married to my father for 21 years prior to his death. When he passed she and the attorney chose to use an older will they had together rather than o… read more
My father passed away on November 13th, my step-mother passed
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My father passed away on November 13th, my step-mother passed away on December 19th of this year. Neither had a will and I am not sure if she filed probate or not for my father. My ste-siblings are al… read more
my mother passed away in april. my step-father just passed
Daniel P.
Daniel P., Managing Attorney
my mother passed away in april. my step-father just passed away on the 12th. i was only notifed of his death yesterday. my step brother tells me that there is a car that is still in my mother's name. … read more