Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
Tina, My dad died last March, I am power of attorney. My dad
Loren, estate lawyer
Hi Tina, My dad died last March, I am power of attorney. My dad lived with me for 3 years before he died. I have been taking care of his house about an hour away. I have a brother and sister that my d… read more
My father recently died and my mother died 2 yrs ago. My sister
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My father recently died and my mother died 2 yrs ago. My sister was power of attorney and the only asset my Dad had left was a bank account. My sister is on that account. Does this have to go to proba… read more
The bank foreclosed on my dad's home a year after he died. I
KLAW
KLAW, Juris Doctorate
The bank foreclosed on my dad's home a year after he died. I had power of attorney before my dad died until a brother my dad's son he hasn't seen in 50years became my dad's Guardian and conservator. M… read more
my dad died 2 years ago and my step mother had the power of
Barrister, Attorney
my dad died 2 years ago and my step mother had the power of attorney and no will that we know of. An attorney from tampa ,florida just sent me a letter stating that she has been appointed attorney,adm… read more
My dad passed on March 3, 2011 with a will which leaves everything
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
My dad passed on March 3, 2011 with a will which leaves everything to me - I had power of attorney - approximately 1700.00 in the bank (300.00 I put in after he passed and have been subsidizing him fo… read more
I have a problem...my dad died about 4 1/2 yrs. ago (he was
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
I have a problem...my dad died about 4 1/2 yrs. ago (he was divorced). I have durable power of attorney (is this even valid now that he is deceased?), but the lawyer I consulted said that there was no… read more
my father died in jan..left no will we are in nj.i had ...
VanDLaw
VanDLaw, Attorney
my father died in jan..left no will we are in nj.i had power of attorney..and he lived with me till he died...now 2 of my sisters wont sign surgate papers..there is onlt 9000 left ,,,and i spent 2500 … read more
my father recently passed away he had a form of dementia
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
my father recently passed away he had a form of dementia before he died my dads wife got power of attorney he had a pension acouple of life insurance policies and other assests i am his only child do … read more
My brother was my dads Power of attorney when my mom died
John Legal
John Legal, Doctoral Degree
My brother was my dad's Power of attorney when my mom died 8 years ago. When that occurred dad began drinking more often. Unfortunately, all of us siblings and dad trusted my brother who was handling … read more
My dad died recently and I was told he had a living trust -
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
My dad died recently and I was told he had a living trust - no will - the trustee is my mom if she dies my brother and then me. However I was told I got 25% of dad's assets so do I get these assets on… read more
i am a power of attorney for my dad which died on may 2, 2012
Loren, estate lawyer
i am a power of attorney for my dad which died on may 2, 2012 Social security said i would have to get legal representative of estate. he did not have a will didn't have anything to devide . How do yo… read more
My father died recently and my sister is executor of his will
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My father died recently and my sister is executor of his will & has had power of attorney for the past 3 years as he was bedridden. I am aware that my father had a bank account in the amount of $40,00… read more
My question involves power of attorney. I had power of attorney
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My question involves power of attorney. I had power of attorney for my mother and father, who recently died. My mother leaves a bank account of approximately $5,000. (Because my parents had no substan… read more
My dad died 2/4/04 with a will. His wife (my step-mother)
rvlaw
rvlaw, Judge
My dad died 2/4/04 with a will. His wife (my step-mother) had, before his death, gotten him to sign power of attorney over to her. His was not mentally incapable. In the 18 months before he died, she … read more
Over the years, my dad had me, the oldest of his three children,
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Attorney
Over the years, my dad had me, the oldest of his three children, on record as his Power of Attorney and Executor, with his three children listed as beneficiaries. The last couple of years saw him star… read more
I had a Power of Attorney for my Step-Dad, he passed away on
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
I had a Power of Attorney for my Step-Dad, he passed away on March 2, 2012. I understand that the Power Of Attorney ceased when he passed. I am told that now I need a Power Of Estate, what is that and… read more
, my father died recently, i have been the power of attorney
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Hi, my father died recently, i have been the power of attorney for years as well as my mother that died in 2002. i am trying to pay his bill but specifically pay off the funeral home services. Years a… read more
My dad recently passed. My sister and his lawyer were
Barrister, Attorney
My dad recently passed. My sister and his lawyer were exploiting him before his death. She has had 2 power of attorney revoked previously before 2013 obe if these beibg revoked on 1/16/14. 21 days lat… read more