Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
my mom passed away on June 5, 2012. My sister is executor
Richard, Owner
my mom passed away on June 5, 2012. My sister is executor of her estate. In March of 2010 my sister told me that we were both in the will, and that everything would be split between us. I have not hea… read more
Father passed away, 2009, Mother 2012. Sister executor but
Richard, Owner
Father passed away, 2009, Mother 2012. Sister executor but in 2010 Mother made brother Durable power of attorney. Who has the power, because both the will and durable match powers? Does one trump the … read more
My step dad is dying. His niece and sister show up and have
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
My step dad is dying. His niece and sister show up and have executor and power of attorney powers. My Mom passed away 2 years ago. They now will not allow us access to the house,but have "graciously" … read more
My brother passed away in 2012, there was no will, my mom
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My brother passed away in 2012, there was no will, my mom and I signed papers to allow my son to be executor of the estate; my mom has since passed away; how do I rescind the executor status of my son… read more
My mom passed away this year and me and my sister are the only
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
My mom passed away this year and me and my sister are the only living heirs to her estate. My sister is the executor. As of tomorrow all of the estate in georgia will be complete however there is land… read more
Mom passed away and sister with poa is trying to take everything
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
Mom passed away and sister with poa is trying to take everything and wants to be sworn in as executor, what can me and two other siblings do?… read more
My Aunt passed away in October. My mom (her sister) and a niece
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
My Aunt passed away in October. My mom (her sister) and a niece were named as equal heirs in the will. The will also stated that an attorney friend of my aunt was to be the executor. He had recently g… read more
Mom just passed. My sister is executor of will. I dont have
Richard, Owner
Hello, Mom just passed. My sister is executor of will. I dont have a copy of will. Mom wanted the three of us to get equal shares. There is bank accounts, annuity and a sing family house. Sister hasnt… read more
My mother passed away in May 2012.I am the executor of her
rvlaw
rvlaw, Judge
My mother passed away in May 2012.I am the executor of her estate that isn't that much maybe $12,000 in her checking account that she or I were the signer.. How does I proceed. She also had a insuranc… read more
mom passed away with no will, they are denying my sister-in-law
Richard, Owner
mom passed away with no will, they are denying my sister-in-law to become administrator, no one will bond her due to her financial status. What other options do we have… read more
My dad passed on feb 24 of 2012 and my sister who is the executor
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
My dad passed on feb 24 of 2012 and my sister who is the executor will not show us the will or has filed it yet what can I do… read more
Mom passed away in April in illinois, my sister is the
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Mom passed away in April in illinois, my sister is the executor/trustee of the irrevocable living trust. I am one of three beneficiaries i live in California and am not receiving any information. For … read more
Back in 2012 my father passed away. I was named the executor
Maverick
Maverick, Doctoral Degree
Back in 2012 my father passed away. I was named the executor of the estate. It was a very small estate and we filed for and obtained a Certificate of Voluntary Administration with the Surrogate's cour… read more
My mother passed away 10/2012 leaving my brother as executor.
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney
My mother passed away 10/2012 leaving my brother as executor. To date he has not distributed the funds left to me & my 2 sisters. Value of the estate was in excess of $650000 according to the will. Ho… read more
My sister passed away and my niece was taken by her father
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
My sister passed away and my niece was taken by her father to live with him. He has let here come and visit.However my niece wants to live here and go back to school here not with her dad. I there any… read more
Hello My mom passed away on march.3rd 2012.My sister who lived
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello My mom passed away on march.3rd 2012.My sister who lived with her .was appointed by mom as the executor in her will.The will went through probate court.My mom has three daughters myself and olde… read more
my mom passed away 4/25/2011 and i am the executor of the will. my
Barrister, Attorney
my mom passed away 4/25/2011 and i am the executor of the will. my sister was named the "trustee" of the house in the "Family Premises Trust- Irrevocable Inter Vivos Trust. In this document it states … read more
Hello I live in NJ and my mom passed away in August 2012.
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Hello I live in NJ and my mom passed away in August 2012. I was joint owner on most of her bank accounts. When I liquidate is this considered income or am I assuming ownership and responsible for the … read more