Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Loren, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My Dad passed away on April 17th and my sister is named executor.
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My Dad passed away on April 17th and my sister is named executor. I have attached a copy of the will. It's pretty straight forward. The issue is, when she goes to probate the will there is 130,000.00 … read more
My mother passed away in 1982. My brother-in-law made himself
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Principal Attorney
My mother passed away in 1982. My brother-in-law made himself the executor of the estate. At the time she passed away there was a home owned by her & her husband. We never saw a copy of the will/proba… read more
My ex wife passed away and my ex sister in law is executor
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
My ex wife passed away and my ex sister in law is executor and my daughter is the benificiary of two properties and two IRA's. I am now the legal guardian, what rights do I have while contracts are be… read more
My mom passed away in Jan 2016. She made my sister and I
Jessica B
Jessica B, Juris Doctor
My mom passed away in Jan 2016. She made my sister and I co-executors of the estate. I hired an attorney to do the probate and my sister refused to sign the paperwork. What can I do at this point to c… read more
My daughters divorce was finalized in 2010. My ex son-in-laws
socrateaser, estate lawyer
My daughter's divorce was finalized in 2010. My ex son-in-law's sister had passed away and she set up a trust for my daughter's and ex son-in-law's 2 children (my grandchildren) from the life insuranc… read more
Hello, My sister recently passed away. She appointed me as
socrateaser, estate lawyer
Hello, My sister recently passed away. She appointed me as executor. She had a property. There are continuing expenses on this property as well as other liabilities, medical,etc. In her will she desig… read more
My sister lived in brooklyn New York and passes away on July
Richard, Owner
My sister lived in brooklyn New York and passes away on July 23 2013 she left, and her lawyer was contacted in late July or early august of 2013, her 2 second husband was the executed and he had the l… read more
My sister recently passed away. She had told me she had made
P. Simmons, Attorney
my sister recently passed away. She had told me she had made a will and would be leaving everything to a long time friend. She and her friend had made out similar wills. She said she had told her frie… read more
My mother just passed away. She had a trustee, my sister,
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi, Attorney
My mother just passed away. She had a trustee, my sister, but made my brother Executor in her Will. He has the paperwork. Does my sister, who was made Trustee, still have authority and powers to admin… read more
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My brother passed away leaving our oldest sister executor of
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Doctoral Degree
My brother passed away leaving our oldest sister executor of his will. At the time that he made up his will he had no assets and the only reason for making a will was to leave her in charge of funeral… read more
My mother passed away in 2006. She left a trust. My sister
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My mother passed away in 2006. She left a trust. My sister was the executor and also had power of attorney. My mom's checking and savings account were originally included in the trust. When I asked fo… read more
Mom passed away in April in illinois, my sister is the
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Mom passed away in April in illinois, my sister is the executor/trustee of the irrevocable living trust. I am one of three beneficiaries i live in California and am not receiving any information. For … read more
My mother passed away this past April. She had a will. Her
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
My mother passed away this past April. She had a will. Her estate was never probated involving any executor or administrator. Her will was recorded in her county of residence following her death. I am… read more
My fiances mother passed away and she made him and his sister
Barrister, Attorney
My fiances' mother passed away and she made him and his sister co-trustees. Her house needs to be sold and split between the 3 adult kids. The one son, who is not listed as co-trustee has moved his fa… read more
my mother passed away and had a will the independent executrix
Roger, Litigation Attorney
my mother passed away and had a will the independent executrix (sister) passed away and the independent executor (brother) has filed to probate the will. My sisters and I are not mentioned in this wil… read more
My mother recently passed away and she had set up a trust years
Richard, Owner
My mother recently passed away and she had set up a trust years ago. My sister and I are co-executors of the estate. I have been told that we need to obtain a new TIN for the purpose of dividing the e… read more
My sister-in-law is executor of my father-in-laws estate.
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
My sister-in-law is executor of my father-in-law's estate. She has made no accounting and has made arbitrary demands as far as what the other heirs must do as far as preparing the home for sale. The h… read more