Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Jessica B
Jessica B
Jessica B

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My husbands mom passed away last year. at the time she passed
P. Simmons, Attorney
My husbands mom passed away last year. at the time she passed she was executor of her mom's estate which consist of heirs house and lot. His mother did not identify anyone as executor of her personal … read more
Mom passed away two years ago. Brother is executor of ...
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Mom passed away two years ago. Brother is executor of estate - I have power of attorney, which i live in Texas. Mom has 401k and brother hasn''t cashed it out yet. Do I have any authority to initiate … read more
My mom passed a year ago. A brother is supposedly the executor..
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
My mom passed a year ago. A brother is supposedly the executor.. He recently contacted my siblings and I and told us he is sole beneficiary and co-owner of all her assets. He has offered us all a gift… read more
My mom died in February this past year. My brother is named
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney at Law
My mom died in February this past year. My brother is named executor of the will and I the trustee. The estate consist of a house in Massachusetts. My brother has decided to take up residence in said … read more
Mom died 3 years ago. Brother & I are executors. He hired his
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
Mom died 3 years ago. Brother & I are executors. He hired his divorce atty to handle estate. Estate consists of house (aprsd. $74,000) and very little $. PA Welfare paid for her 8 year stay in nursing… read more
My mother passed about a year ago in NY state. My brother
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
Hi, my mother passed about a year ago in NY state. My brother was the executor of her estate and administrator of her revocable living trust, he also managed her care as I live in a different region o… read more
My wife and her two brothers inherited equal shares of their
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
My wife and her two brothers inherited equal shares of their mom's estate, and the oldest brother was named executor. The estate comprises a debt-free house worth $240,000 and a commercial real estate… read more
My brother is the executor of my moms estate. She left her
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My brother is the executor of my mom's estate. She left her home to all seven of her children. Five of the seven want to keep the house, but my brother (executor) and one other brother want to sell. D… read more
I am the executor of my moms estate. Her will leaves my brother
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
I am the executor of my mom's estate. Her will leaves my brother and I "all her property equally to share and share alike, in fee simple." As executor, why do I need to file a motion to ask permission… read more
My mother passed away two years ago in Flordia. My brother,
Richard, Owner
My mother passed away two years ago in Flordia. My brother, who lives there, was named executor of her estate. The only remaining properties are two beach condos in FL that were supposed to be sold "w… read more
My mom died May 2015. Her lawyer was is the executor. Estate
Loren, estate lawyer
My mom died May 2015. Her lawyer was is the executor. Estate was about $300,00 most coming from the sale of real estate. Monies were disbursed over the course of a year and after the final disbursemen… read more
My brother and I, are the executors (I am co-executors) of
socrateaser, estate lawyer
My brother and I, are the executors (I am co-executors) of my moms estate as stated in her will. My brother recently gave each family member a letter that he wanted signed, this is the letter word for… read more
My brother, who is the executor of Mom's estate, had her
Barrister, Attorney
My brother, who is the executor of Mom's estate, had her items appraised and trucked off to auction before we could see the appraisal list or choose items before they WENT to auction. I pressured for … read more
My mom passed away and named me as executor of her estate.
Roger, Litigation Attorney
My mom passed away and named me as executor of her estate. The bank would not accept the will. What should I do?… read more
Hi,My mom passed away 10 years ago and I have been going
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Hi, My mom passed away 10 years ago and I have been going through her attorney regarding her estate as named executor on her will and court appointed guardian for my handicap sister. I have been payin… read more
My mother passed away about 8 months ago and named one of my
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My mother passed away about 8 months ago and named one of my sisters to be the executor of her will. Her estate consists primarily of a house (paid off and worth about $300,00+) and maybe a small property in AZ (probably worth less than $5000?? we don't know). My sister (the executor) and another sister have both lived in my mom's home for many years and are unwilling to move out. In fact, her son and his family have now moved in. So the problem is that she has notified us that she's executor but refuses to do anything else. Won't proceed with probate won't even show us the will although she says it divides the assets equally among the 5 of us. 1. How can I see the will 2. How can we get her removed as executor and one of my other sisters put in her place? There are 5 of us altogether. 2 live in the house, I live overseas and the other 2 live in the area. … read more
Brother-in-law passed away 5 years ago. My husband was the
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Brother-in-law passed away 5 years ago. My husband was the executor of the estate. My husband has since passed. The property was never able to be sold. There was no will. There were apparently many le… read more
My mother passed away 4 years ago and my twin brother and I
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My mother passed away 4 years ago and my twin brother and I were named co-executors of her estate. Well, my brother didn't do a thing for the past three years and now the rest of the family wants me t… read more