Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Loren: I want to get a copy of my mothers will. You told me…

Customer Question
Hi Loren: I want to...
Hi Loren: I want to get a copy of my mothers will. You told me Saturday that Superior Court in LA county should have it. How can I do that? Fill out an online request, call, fill out a form or?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Estate Law
5/29/2018
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Copies of documents are available in one of two places: the district court where it was filed or at the LA Superior Court Archives. "To order documents from the Archives, you will need to know the case number, names of the parties and what document you want copied. If you have the names of the parties and the year the case was filed, but no case number, and it was filed in 1965 or earlier you may call the index clerk at(###) ###-#### If the case was filed after 1965, call the index clerk at(###) ###-#### --You may request the copies in person at the Archives, 222 N. Hill St., Rm. 212, Los Angeles, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:10 p.m. weekdays, except holidays. --You may mail requests to County Records Center, 222 N. Hill St., Rm. 212, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Enclose a check, payable to the Los Angeles Superior Court, to cover the cost of documents.

Please enclose a self-addressed, legal size envelope. Allow 10-14 working days for processing." Los Angeles County Records Center-Archive http://www.laalmanac.com/_main/lacountyrecords.php

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know, as your satisfaction with my service is important to me.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 27 days ago

Did you have further questions on this before you rate my service to you?

You may not be aware, but Experts here are employees of JA and we are only credited for our assistance to customers if you leave a positive rating (using the rating stars on this page and submitting the rating to JA).

Thank you.