Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Ive met a girl online for 2 years. Kept secret of

Customer Question
Ive met a girl...

Ive met a girl online for 2 years. Kept secret of inheritance from me about her deceased father was manager of gold mine in ghana. She flew down with lawyer and wants to marry me because if she doesn't she has to wait 4 more years until she gets it. She wants to come here in 4 days and i've seen plane tickets. She wants to marry so we can go down with nher deceased father;s friend whom is a lawyer and vowed to take care of her until she marries. Then transport gold to united states.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I haven't dished out more than 400 dollars

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Yes he said he uses body guards that travel with him to protect her

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Estate Law
5/29/2018
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

sure thing

This is a common internet scam.Please do not send them anymore money or your personal information.They will take your funds and something will come up.They will be stuck in customs and need funds, etc.I am so sorry you have gotten involved here.Please end this its a scam and you can be hurt much worse.They prey on folks and scam them of thousands of dollars apiece.

Please let this go and don't give them anymore money here.It's a total scam.

I appreciate the chance to help; you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

there's no cases where this scenario ever comes true

There is a state department warning on these scams

https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/romance-scams/

No but I get at least one such scam every day or two.Please let this go.

Report it to FBI cybercrime here

https://www.fbi.gov/tips

Maybe they can catch them and get some of your money back.

Prayers to you here, I wish you the best.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.Stay safe and report this.