Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My brother left his condo to me and another brother. The…

Customer Question
My brother left his...

My brother left his condo to me and another brother. The will is currently in probate. Can I give my half to my brother before the condo is sold?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Copy of the will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My brother who gets half lives in Missouri

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Yes, you absolutely can do so. You simply need to sign a quit claim deed transferring your interest in the property to your brother. You would sign this Deed, have it witnessed and notarized, and then record it in the real property records of the city/county where the property is located. Let me know if you need a form for the Quit Claim Deed.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!