Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I found a deed (This Indenture) with L. Matolich, and

Customer Question
I found a deed (This...
I found a deed (This Indenture) with my name Bruce L. Matolich, Walter and Lorraine Matolich (Father and Mother), and my Deceased Brother Dennis J. Matolich from back in 1982. But looking online at the county website I am not listed on the DEED,
Does that come into play while settling the issue?
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Estate Law
5/28/2018
Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 28 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for requesting for my assistance once more.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

I found a deed (This Indenture) with my name Bruce L. Matolich, Walter and Lorraine Matolich (Father and Mother), and my Deceased Brother Dennis J. Matolich from back in 1982. But looking online at the county website I am not listed on the DEED, Does that come into play while settling the issue?

Response: No. Since your name is ***** ***** the current deed, the Intestate Succession Statute would govern the division of the property. That means that you and your surviving sibling would have equal share to the property.

<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">I am sorry that I do not have more favorable news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor. <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">Best wishes,<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.