Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

After the accounting of a will has been sent to the

Customer Question
After the accounting of...

After the accounting of a will has been sent to the beneficiaries how long do the beneficiaries have to return the papers

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the accounting of the estate and one of the beneficiaries has not returned her papers. The executor is in charge of her trust until she is 28

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if their is a time length for her to either sign or dispute it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Estate Law
5/26/2018
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Is there a court date concerning the accounting?
No it’s all done. Waiting for 1 person to return the papers whose money is being held in a trust
Absent a court deadline, 30 days. I would contact the person and inquire on receipt so you have it received ASAP.Please click on the 5 star rating (*****) on the question page - that’s how I get credit for my time by the site. If you dont see the rating button, please just reply “5 stars” Much appreciated!
Awaiting your reply, thank you!