Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

A family member is conspiring to have me sent to prison to…

Customer Question
A family member is conspiring...
A family member is conspiring to have me sent to prison to have me handicapped to get a court ordered power of attorney to get control of future trust payments. I don't have a trustworthy person to name as a power of attorney. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Estate Law
5/26/2018
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to?

South Carolina

Have you filed a police report?

I am not near a phone, sorry
The short story of it is the police don't believe me
they have already had me committed to document a mental illness
sorry I am not near a phone

No worries about the telephone.

Thank you for the clarification. I see, you are under an involuntary commitment. You should have an Attorney or a court appointed Attorney. Do you have representation?

I am not under commitment currently. But I have been in the past to cover up what they are doing and make it easier to get the court ordered power of atty. after I become disabled

I understand. You will want your own Attorney. Where in SC are you residing?

Spartanburg, SC

Let me provide a link for estate Attorneys that provide FREE consultations. I am so sorry that you are going through this situation.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end at the top of the page, 5 stars?

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

That's it?
If you can't give me an answer in a paid consultation how can someone give me an answer in a free one?

My apologies. Did the site offer you a free consultation?