Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
XXXXX XXXXX is being taken advantage of by sister who is poa
Richard, Owner
XXXXX XXXXX is being taken advantage of by sister who is poa of mother and not handling will or trust as they are written. What do I do to correct this?… read more
My friend who is 88 years old is being coerced by her children
Phillips Esq., Attorney
My friend who is 88 years old is being coerced by her children to enter an extended care facility. The purpose is to free themselves of the personal necessity of taking time to take care of her and to… read more
My sister and I (trust Beneficiaries) are concerned that the
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
My sister and I (trust Beneficiaries) are concerned that the powers the financial DPOA grants to the designated agent are too extensive and overreaching allowing manipulation and depletion of estate a… read more
I have a friend whos daughter died last year. She was 24 and
Ellen, Attorney
I have a friend whos daughter died last year. She was 24 and lived at college. What financial responsibility does the parent have towards paying credit cards bills an college bills. She did not co sig… read more
What do I do if I suspect my friend was taken advantage of
Barrister, Attorney
what do I do if I suspect my friend was taken advantage of when he deceased and his estate was taken by his exector in the state of fla. … read more
I am dpoa for my mother who has alz/dementia stage 6, who
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I am dpoa for my mother who has alz/dementia stage 6, who can not make any financial decisions. she is visiting another state, Minnesota and the people out there got another dpoa and changed all her f… read more
My father is 90 years old and is being taken advantage of by
Ellen, Attorney
My father is 90 years old and is being taken advantage of by his daughter and granddaughter. They are using his property any way they like and I believe he is afraid to say anything. It is mainly his … read more
I have a friend whos sister took her own life. She did have
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
I have a friend who's sister took her own life. She did have a will and left everything to her son, so all seems straight forward. The challenge is that my friend and the son's uncle placed the cost o… read more
I want my daughter in another state (Oh) to have DPOA and
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
I want my daughter in another state (Oh) to have DPOA and for her to also administer my medicare set aside acct. Will she have to be primary and me secondary on an interest bearing acct that we can bo… read more
I believe a friend of mine is being taken advanced of. Her
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
I believe a friend of mine is being taken advanced of. Her mom retained another attorney without my friends knowledge(it seems he lived in her building and he told her it was a good idea to have a ano… read more
I have been the DPOA/medical for my mom since 12/09. At her
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
I have been the DPOA/medical for my mom since 12/09. At her request I moved in with her to "take care" of her. She was unable to live on her own for financial and physical reasons. I incurred an enorm… read more
I have taken advantage of you too much..I will pay extra for
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I have taken advantage of you too much..I will pay extra for every question from now on. I visited elder care yesterday. They may get me a 5 minute meeting with my dad so that I can say good-bye. I sh… read more
Im writing a novel where I have a widow basically being coerced
Richard, Owner
I'm writing a novel where I have a widow basically being coerced by her brother in law, who is fulfilling his brother's dying wish by selling the baseball collection he inherited and giving the money … read more
Was it illegal for my sister to not notify me that My mother
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Hi... was it illegal for my sister to not notify me that My mother granted BOTH of us DPOA? Do I have rights for a full disclosure of the contents of the estate? Is my (and my daughter's) signatures n… read more
I have been named Executor in my deceased friends Will and
Barrister, Attorney
I have been named Executor in my deceased friend's Will and Trust. I had previously taken care of all of her financial affairs for 20 years and know that everything is in the name of the trust. I have… read more
I have a friend whos father entered into a nursing home. Shes
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
I have a friend who's father entered into a nursing home. She's taking over his financial affairs and was told by someone at the nursing home that she would have to spend his savings (which is around … read more
My mother is 94 and her attorney put her in front of the
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
My mother is 94 and her attorney put her in front of the probate judge as she was losing her memory. I was her DPOA for the past four years but was terminated by this attorney because my brother wante… read more
Im appointed dpoa of my mothers estate. My mother had a foster
Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Solo Practitioner
I'm appointed dpoa of my mothers estate. My mother had a foster child staying with her and caring for her. I have my father who has alzhemiers living with me . My mother has been living with me for th… read more