Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My mother had a living trust and a will drafted shortly before
Barrister, Attorney
My mother had a living trust and a will drafted shortly before her death. Her only probate assets are a car ($7,000) and her primary residence ($180,000), both fully paid for; and personal/household g… read more
My mother, who lived in Arizona, passed away from Mesothelioma.
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My mother, who lived in Arizona, passed away from Mesothelioma. Before her death she had filed a lawsuit with some attorneys in Ohio. After her death the attorneys told my sister and myself that we co… read more
My sister divorced our mother five years before her death.
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My sister "divorced" our mother five years before her death. Our mother cut my sister out of her will. My sister is contesting the new will. Since I am to receive the same percentage under both the ol… read more
If there is no real property or assets/ mother was on Medicare
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Attorney
If there is no real property or assets/ mother was on Medicare and medicaid /family not contesting will /I have POA/I was appointed custodian of account approx $7-8000.00/ do we as a family need to go… read more
how to file a lien prior to death so as to be paid upon death
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
how to file a lien prior to death so as to be paid upon death? No real property is owned, but assets in estate.… read more
My mother passed away recenlty, and her assets were divided
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My mother passed away recenlty, and her assets were divided before her death so there is no will to probate. We want to obtain her medical records from the assisted living facilily she lived in, but t… read more
before my mother died my sister put title of her property in
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
before my mother died my sister put title of her property in her name.now she says she cannot find the will… read more
My father pasted with no real property-and no will. I want
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My father pasted with no real property-and no will. I want to file a lawsuit regarding his death-what paperwork do i need to file in order to do this-Do I need to be made the executor or administrator… read more
My husband's assets left in a will were all liquidated
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
My husband's assets left in a will were all liquidated before his father's death. His sister's assets were not. She was on the bank account to make the dad's payments. Does my husband have any rights … read more
if someone filed a succession to real property after the death
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
if someone filed a succession to real property after the death of an individual and didnt notify all decendants can something be done… read more
My mother is in hospice and lives in NY, upon her death I
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
My mother is in hospice and lives in NY, upon her death I will be the Executor. The house is her only asset and a small amount in checking (less than $10K and I am on that acct as well). Years ago she… read more
my sister in law who is living with my husbands mother, her
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
my sister in law who is living with my husbands mother, her mother as well, is taking advantage of mothers assets. Mom is 97 years old and the sister in law is having plastic surgery and her latest is… read more
My mother is near her death bed and owns quite a bit of assets.
Richard, Owner
My mother is near her death bed and owns quite a bit of assets. Her real property is listed as her and my older brother as trustees. He is the executor. One portion is an Irrevocable Trust in my fathe… read more
Is there a procedure for charging my mothers estate, after
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
Is there a procedure for charging my mothers estate, after her death, for care my wife provided to her before her death. My siblings are not helping with in home care and the "living Trust " says that… read more
My sister has a will for her assets in case of her and her
P. Simmons, Attorney
My sister has a will for her assets in case of her and her husbands death that was made prior to her children becoming adults. Can she just write up an addendum stating that now her children are adult… read more
My mothers wish before her death was for the older siblings
John Legal
John Legal, Doctoral Degree
My mothers wish before her death was for the older siblings to contribute money to my youngest brother to help purchase a home. This was not stated in the will. All siblings agreed to this and each si… read more
Mother passed away, leaving sister and two brothers, sister
P. Simmons, Attorney
mother passed away, leaving sister and two brothers, sister somehow got mother to quitclaim her the property before death, what can 2 brothers do now? … read more
My mother died Nov 27, 2010. Her living trust and will-administered
Richard, Owner
My mother died Nov 27, 2010. Her living trust and will-administered by my older sister-specified her assets be distributed equally among her three children. Escrow closes Thursday, June 30, 2011. I wa… read more