Lori
Lori, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 25 years experience
101026752

My sister made a will. She was married live in georgia. We

Hi
my sister made a will. She was married live in georgia. We have heir property in alabama and florida. Her husband
is not in the will. her daughter and I are. Her daughter was 16 years old when she died. All she has is heir property.
She had a brain Injury. Live with her mother in law.
Is her husband consider an Heir? although He's not in the will. The heir property is from our parents

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Yes, her husband is considered an heir IF there wasn't a will. However, the Will will control the transfer of property. When you sister passes, you will need to file a probate action with the court for the court to follow her instructions in her Will.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks.