Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My father passed over a year ago. His house is paid for but…

Customer Question
My father passed over...

My father passed over a year ago. His house is paid for but he never obtained the deed from the mortgage company. The mortgage company I think no longer exists. My father and mother bought the home together when they got married but he had 6 other children at the time. My mother and father had 3 children together. After their divorce, my dad kept the house and paid off my mother. I am 1 of the 3 children from my mom and dad and I stay in the home now. It's been about a year now. I've paid the taxes and have spent about 20,000 dollars on remodeling. How can I possibly get the home in my name?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Nothing has been done, I don't know where to start.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

As of now no ma'am

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Estate Law
3/31/2018
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 24 days ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok and thank you

You will need lawyer to open probate and be named personal representative.You would then be legally able to resolve the house and estate can reimburse you here.

You will have to account for other heirs here after you have been reimbursed for expenses.Maybe they would sing waiver of heirship.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry for your loss of parents.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer for you here

Contact us by phone:(###) ###-####(Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays.

Happy Easter

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney