Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Tina, if my father owes back taxes for my younger 2 siblings…

Customer Question
Hello Tina, if my...

Hello Tina, if my father owes back taxes for my younger 2 siblings but does not work at all but is legally married can his wife's wages be garnished?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No we have not he was served and has an upcoming court appearance pending. But again is not working things are getting tricky where he came into an inheritance last year and never paid

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes court is next month and he is fighting for another inheritance worth 1 million dollars with him receiving a huge part of the money I know he has no plans to help out can inheritance be counted as form of income?

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Estate Law
3/31/2018
Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 21 days ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Did you still need assistance on the above?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney