Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My son who is 50 has a dad in ICU in Seattle, WA. We live in…

My son who is...

My son who is 50 has a dad in ICU in Seattle, WA. We live in San Diego, CA. How does he go about becoming the person who can deal with the hospital or legal issues. There are no other relatives.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My son lives in San Diego, CA. His very ill father lives in Seattle, WA.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

He visited his dad several weeks ago and was told that everything will go to him (My son doesn't understand what that means or if there is a will. A nurse called my son from the hospital and there was a discussion about the type of care needed. She is supposed to call him back but has not so far.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't really know what to ask or what steps to take. I advised my son earlier today to contact Legal Aide Society.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
jb156200
jb156200, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

Please give me a moment as I type my response.

His is father alert and able to sign documents?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I am not certain. With the registration I made, can I have my son call you directly for the 1 free consultation with a lawyer?

If you would like a phone call you may request one for an additional charge, and an attorney will contact you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I will talk to my son about contacting you and getting necessary answers for this situation.Thank you.Cherry Arnold-Verry

No problem. Please let me know if I may be of help in the future.

jb156200
jb156200, Attorney
jb156200
jb156200
jb156200, Attorney