Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband’s grandmother died leaving a large estate which…

My husband’s grandmother died...

My husband’s grandmother died leaving a large estate which was to be divided between her four children. My husband’s father died and her will doesn’t specify that it go to his children, but rather to his estate. There is a stepmother. The family all agree that her wishes were for the grandchildren to have it. We are in Tennessee. Do you think they should contest the will?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The family would all verbally support us, but there are no documents

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You would need to file a will contest here to try and force share to your husband and the others here.You could argue undue influence , lack of capacity,etc.You will need local lawyer to file such a contest here.It is your only real option if you want to claim your share due to you.

Lawyer for you here

Nashville Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://lawyer-referral.nashvillebar.org/*****North, Suite 1050
Nashville, TN 37219
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

The Nashville Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service helps individuals and businesses find an attorney in the following seven counties in middle Tennessee: Davidson County, Sumner County, Rutherford County, Robertson County, Williamson County, Cheatham County, and Wilson County.

The LRS of the Nashville Bar Association has been recognized by the American Bar Association for meeting its standards for such services. According to its website, last year the Nashville Bar Association referred over 5,000 callers requesting referrals to local attorneys that participate in the service.

Knoxville Bar Association - Lawyer Referral and Information Services (LRIS)
Website: http://www.knoxbar.org/
P.O. Box 2027
Knoxville, TN###-##-####br />Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

The Knoxville Bar Association (KBA) manages a Lawyer Referral and Information Services (LRIS). The Lawyer Referral Service in Knoxville, TN, helps individuals and businesses find an attorney in the following four counties in east Tennessee: Knox County, Anderson County, Blount County, and Sevier County.

This non-profit community based public service was established in 1958. For generations, the KBA Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS) has been providing referrals to local attorneys experienced in the needed subject matter. Last year alone, it made more than 3,000 referrals.

Chattanooga Lawyers Information Provider Service
Website: ttp://www.chattanoogalaw.org/clips/home*****br />The Pioneer Building, Suite 420
Chattanooga, TN 37402

The Chattanooga Lawyers Information Provider Service ("CLIPS") is a public service managed by the Chattanooga Bar Association. The main purpose of this non-profit public service is to help individuals and businesses find an attorney throughout Chattanooga and the surrounding areas.

Attorneys that participate in CLIPS service on panels based on their experience in different subject matter practice areas. Those subject matter practice areas include: criminal defense, personal injury, administrative boards of agency, immigration, family law, divorce, business law, worker's compensation, and more.

You may have great facts to pursue this matter.I wish you the best in doing so.

I appreciate the chance to help today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney