Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Fastess way to transfer heirs property to a single member?

Customer Question
Fastess way to transfer...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

One 3 member has prepared and filed a deed of distribution

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

NORTH CHARLESTON SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One of 3 members reside in New Jersey

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Estate Law
3/27/2018
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 28 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A deed of distribution is used when heirship of the property cannot be determined from the will and it is filled out by the trustee to transfer the property. Otherwise, the fastest way to transfer the property is a quit claim deed. These deeds must be prepared by a local attorney in SC and should not be done without a local attorney. The attorney has to review the prior deeds and any heirship documents to make sure they are correctly transferring the property.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney