Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Question about community property after death ... I was

Question about community property...

Question about community property after death ... I was married for 17 years ... husband recently passed away. We had community property ... if he did not will his portion of that property to anyone does it transfer to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. There is a family trust that included all of his real estate and personal property to go to his children.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have moved out of the house but need to know how I go about getting our community property. They are not being cooperative.

3/27/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
It passes to you by operation of law. I am sorry for your loss. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Can you recommend an attorney in the area of the Napa Valley, CA to handle this for me?
Site rules don’t permit specific names. However, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
You would need an estate lawyer locally.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Infolawyer, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started