Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I lost my son in 2016 he was not married. His father and I…

I lost my son...

I lost my son in 2016 he was not married. His father and I are co administrators but divorced for years. I raised my son. He was involved in farming with a family member. His estate has debt against it. I am being asked to sign FSA payments for the farm my son was sole owner of for the family member he farmed with. Shouldn’t those payments go to his estate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the minutes where the he was made president all shares transferred to him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can send all documentation that I have.

3/25/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
I am sorry for your loss. That asset should pass to the estate. No basis to sign anything waiving or altering rights.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Ok so FSA payments should go to his estate.
Correct!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney