Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I requested a copy of the trust instrument of my

Customer Question
I requested a copy...

I requested a copy of the trust instrument of my grandmotherr

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Grandmother's trust February 3. The trustee said she can't send it until after her daughter gets married the end of April. Is that acceptable? Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Three emails I sent to her and her responses

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/24/2018
Estate Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

I want to make sure that I understand this.

Your grandmother has a trust. You requested it from the trustee and the answer you received is that you would be provided the trust document, but not until the end of April when the trustee's daughter gets married? Is that correct?