Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My friends husband took out a life policy on his step

Customer Question
My friends husband took...

My friends husband took out a life policy on his step daughter and my friends adopted adult child who was handicapped and recently died.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Milwaukee. My friend husband passed and she continued to mak payments on the policy. Adult daughter just passed. She is no the owner or beneficiary of the policy. Would she be entitled to the money because she was the wife of the owner and beneficiary?

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Policy,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can the POA handle? The adult child was 34 years.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/24/2018
Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Okay
No
I need to cancel

If I understand you correctly, the policyholder was the husband and the insured was the stepdaughter and adopted child. The husband died before the stepdaughter and the audit child. Who is the named beneficiary?

Just her step father and not the mother but mother paid the premium for years after her husband passed.

So, you are saying that only the father died but the stepdaughter is still alive and she is the only person insured? Also, who is the beneficiary?