Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Aunt's Estate is going through probate in California. We…

Customer Question
Aunt's Estate is going through...
Aunt's Estate is going through probate in California. We just submitted the Petition for Final Distribution and the examiner left some Probate Notes. We cleared 2 of them... But the last one didn't. Heres the note..."C. No Property on Hand schedule (required even when an account is waived). Petitioner alleges at paragraph 16, the character of property is real property. Is this the property on hand? If yes, what happened to the accounts (3) listed in attachment no. 1 of the inventory and the securities listed as item nos. 1 to 7 and 11 to 12 in attachment no. 2 of the Inventory? See CRC Rule 7.550(b). SUPP unclear--provide a property on hand schedule that lists only assets on hand with their values (i.e., balance of cash on hand in accounts and the carry/inventory of any securities that still exist). FURTHER SUPP REQUIRED"My question is... Do I list the assets on hand as they stand today? Or how they were on the Inventory and Appraisal? For example... on the I&A, there were 10 items or so that we transfer and or deposited into a single Estate bank account... Do I list the ten items? or the single Bank account?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/25/2018
Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I need an answer as soon as possible... how long will it take?
Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Thank you for your response, your question is open to all Experts.
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

If there was consolidation of accounts you should have a separate page indicating that says CDs at Franklin Bank were cashed and deposited into Estate Account at Main Bank, something like that.They want more supporting information here if you consolidated.

Also if real estate was sold, the proceeds of $235,000 from the house sale at***** were deposited nto Estate Account at Main Bank, something like that.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.