Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If I inherit a house, a party house, located on 2 acres of…

If I inherit a...

If I inherit a house, a party house, located on 2 acres of land. It has an outstanding loan of approximately $70,000. How would be the best way to handle this if I have to borrow money to pay off the mortgage on it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Gergia

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Nothing at present. Only know I am named in will to receive it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do have a plat of two acres where it was sold to owners from my tract of land.

3/24/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You can assume the existing loan.Federal law allows you to do so.It will not be a problem, you would probate will, transfer title and le them know and assume existing loan.

Federal law requires them to allow you to assume it

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-12-24/realestate/re-1882_1_many-mortgage-lenders

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney